Saturday, June 12, 2010

day 29: a promise

It was heart wrenching to say goodbye. A part of me would never leave Interlaken, now my favourite destination in Europe. It is the most romantic place I have been to.
The drizzle and gloomy skies in the morning reflected both Jerrain's and my reluctance as the train pulled off. We said goodbye to the beautiful surrounding and our hostel mates.
I promised the mountains and lakes that I would be back.

The only consolation was having Jerrain and Oyvind by my side. We drowned our sorrows in a shot of absinth and countless shots - one per bridge we crossed to be exact - on the pub crawl.

  • Location: Venice, Italy
  • Train: Interlaken to Brig 1 hour, Brig to Venezia S. Lucia 5 hours
  • Cost: €1 ice cream, €10 Nussel "Marinara", €1.20 ice cream, €10 pub crawl, €38 hostel, €10 drinks
  • Highlight: Yes! Finally Oyvind and I meet again, after almost half a year. It was good to be able to pick up where we left off. After travelling and meeting more people in the past four weeks, I have learnt to appreciate our friendship. It is rare to find a great friend whom I can keep in touch and travel with.

2 comments:

  1. its not goodbye but see you again, Interlaken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TTE!! I definitely want to go back!! So hopefully it is "See you again SOON!"

    ReplyDelete