Wednesday, June 9, 2010

day 26: i am in love

I am in love. Today, the lucky guy is... Interlaken! Here are the reasons why:
  1. I woke up in the middle of the Bernese Oberland Alps and the magnificent view melted my heart.
  2. I took a nap by Lake Thun, a beautiful Alphine lake which is 17.5 kilometres in length.
  3. Everywhere I looked, there was blue sky, dotted with fluffy white clouds.
  4. Drivers always gave way to padestrians. Always.
  5. The bus drivers and local people were amazingly friendly and helpful. And the bus trips were free with my visitor card!
  6. At 27 degrees celcius, it was warm enough to be in my summer dress but cool enough to walk a mile without perspiring.

Ask me again tomorrow. I might still be deeply in love.

  • Location: Interlaken, Switzerland
  • Cost: 15.80chf hooters wings for lunch, 4.45chf chicken caesar sandwich, 1chf choco milk, 1.20chf moisturiser
  • Highlight: Waking up in the tent right in the middle of the mountains. I would do that again any time. Only short of wifi.
  • Injury: I was no longer limping and could walk at regular pace. The injured foot only hurt slightly when I walked for more than 45 minutes. 7.5/10

3 comments:

  1. Oohh, Interlaken!! Lucky you, that place is magnificent. Go rafting if you can, it's amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I should be rafting from a recovering twisted ankle. There are so many things here on my bucket list like sky diving and bungee jumping!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh....to wake up amongst the mountains....that's life. :D

    ReplyDelete