Sunday, June 6, 2010

day 23: my best 55 minutes

I gave 55 minutes to Paul Clarke and he rocked it!

On the way to Munich, I listened to him while I ate my kebab (pictured). Speaking on a highly controversial topic 'Is Jesus the only way?', Clarke wrestled this issue in a clear, concise, logical and engaging manner.

Some questions which he intelligently discussed included:
  • My close friends who are Muslims and Buddhists live sinless and selfless lives, are you saying they will go to hell?
  • Why can't all religion be right? We could be all walking towards the same mountain peak, just that each religion is a culturally unique route.
  • How do we know the bible is true?
  • Many (mad) people have claimed that they are God, what makes Jesus different?

If these are questions you do not have answers for, I strongly recommend you hear this talk, easily downloadable to your laptop or iPhone. It might just be your best 55 minutes too.

  • Location: Munich, Germany
  • Cost: €4 kebab, €20 Jaeger Hostel, €9 dessert and drink in beer garden
  • Highlight: 200-metre dash for the only Kentucky Fried Chicken in Vienna, near the Westbahnhof train station before our 10.20am train. But the hunt was fruitless as that KFC only opned at 11am. The hunt for original KFC chicken and coleslaw continues...
  • People: Our two pretty and party-crazy roommates. Kamilla and her friend, from Salzburg
  • Injury: Walking speed has increased slightly. I had less people staring at me since the limp was not as obvious. I could place some weight (not my full weight though) across the entire foot but it would hurt when I walked more than 200 metres. 5.5/10
  • Train: Wien West to Munchen Hbf 4 hours

1 comment:

  1. interesting questions. :)

    will check out the downloads. thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete