Friday, June 4, 2010

day 21: hang me up

Or tumble me dry. I love dryers.

After an exhausting eight-hour overnight train journey and a painful five hours wait for our room, I decided that the most therapeutic thing to do was my laundry.

The spin and wash took an hour and €2. Then my favourite part - tumbling the clothes dry. It was definitely worth parting with my €2.50.

Top five reasons why I must get a dryer when I have my own home:

  1. I dread hanging up wet clothes.
  2. It is always the bottleneck and the most time cosuming activity in the entire laundry process.
  3. I love the feel of warm dry clothes fresh out of the dryer.
  4. My clothes can dry in the wettest season.
  5. I can name it and it can be my washing machine's bestfriend.

So when I do throw a house warming party in future, you know what to get me!

  • Location: Vienna, Austria
  • Cost: €10 taxi from Wien Meidling to Wombats, €3.50 breakfast at the hostel, €20 per night at Wombats Hostel, €4.50 laundry, €8.50 dinner, €3.10 snake bite (beer, cidar and grenadine
  • Highlight: Tradional Austrian dinner at Mozart-Stube, an old Viennese restaurant open since 1945. I had wiener schnitzel with fried potato and Mozart's Symphonie in weiss (white wine only available at the restaurant)

3 comments:

  1. u know what? me too... i totally enjoyed doing my laundry at the laundry mat when i was in LA last year. somehow i felt that the clothes looked really happy while spinning in the dryer. i know... im weird. haa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. we can be weird together! but i'm probably only half as weird as you. i don't think my clothes are happy. lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...Kelly, a dryer is certainly a good investment especially on rainy days or after washing bedsheets that refuse to dry! But in a country like Singapore where we get lots of sunshine, it's best to sun dry cos it saves electricity and kills germs too. Hehe...but I certainly know what to get you when you throw your housewarming party :)

    ReplyDelete