Saturday, June 5, 2010

day 22.5: spot the difference

Guess which is the injured foot.

I cannot promise any reward for getting it right because my backpack is bursting. And I really should not be carrying any more weight in this condition.

I would like to introduce Blondi. He has been my pillar of support for the past three days since I twisted my foot. I picked him up from Krakow's Old Town Market Square and we have since been inseperable.

He is a little camera shy, so I respect his request not to be photographed in this blog. (But if you must insist, he looks like an average maroon umbrella.)

Blondi is named after Hitler's dog. Interesting fact I learnt in Berlin - the command to put Blondi to sleep was the most difficult decision Hitler made.

My sprained ankle has been recovering at lightning speed. Besides Jerrain's constant concern and my friends' well wishes from afar, I suppose the prescribed Lioton 1000 gel did some good.

Here is a progress report. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being fully recovered:

Day 1 after the accident: 2.5/10
Limped and needed the assistance of Blondi, unable to put any weight on the injured right foot at all.

Day 2: 4.5/10
Less reliant on Blondi, able to place some weight on my toes and nearer the ball of my foot. Could rotate my foot but swell has spread to the entire foot.

Day 3: 5/10
Able to limp around and for a longer distance without Blondi. Walked for at least 4 kilometres today. Right heel started to hurt after 40 minutes because I placed much of my weight on it as I walked. Injured foot still looked suspiciously bigger than my other foot.

Watch out for status report in subsequent posts.

3 comments:

  1. The right one is the injured one? looks like it to me. hee... glad that it's getting better and better each day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *tink tink ting* you are right! but no prize i am afraid. yes yes, it is getting a lot better now. thanks bok bok bok bok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...injured foot looks pretty bad. Hope the swelling is all gone by now. Take care!

    ReplyDelete